Question
Posted by: NANDI | 2010/09/29

fear driving

i''m a lady 40 years old,in 2007 i was involved in a car accident and ever since then i have panic attacks when driving especially on straight and non steep hill roads

i went to consulted the pychologist sevaral times and i never improved till today

please advice

I wonder how experienced this psychologist was, what diagnosis he/she made, and what form of treatment was used. Generally, if this is a phobia arising after the trauma of a car accident, it should respond really well to Cognitive-behaviour therapy ( CBT ). This sort of highly inconvenient bad habit does quite often follow suh a dramatically bad experience, and can be un learned, leaving you free to drive freelly and comfortably

2