Question
Posted by: Susan | 2012/04/25

Fear

Hi. Could you please give me some advice, I seem to have a problem in trusting people. Since I was very youngh I was heavy overwight and a very ugly duckling,and people would make fun of me, when I got to gr10 I lost a lot of weight, as result to depresion, I also never went out becuase I was afraid of people and their reaction to my weight. Since then I decided to work on myself, I never had friends or family members I could talk to becuase they weren''t intrested in my problems, so I botteled up all my feelings and felt very lonely! The last 6 years I get some fallbacks and crack, then I get into an angry frency and become some one else, and afterward I feel so bad about how I acted, I think I might have a huge problem and don''t know how to sort it out could you please help? I also don''t have any friends as result to them backstabing me, two faced, and can''t tell them anything as they will tell anyone and everyone and it seems in todays life if you don''t join the ''girl'' in talking bad about some one then your useless! And I think the problem lies with me?

Sounds like a ix of problems -perhaps related top your unpleasant earlier experioences of how unkind people can be, with a mix of low self-esteem and self-confidence, poor self-image physically, and lack of trust in the sense of anticipating unkindness from others even if it hasn;'t been openly shown.
Other people are as they are, the more important issues, as can't change them, is to work on how we react to them. Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) which many good psychologists can provide, could be very helpful for you, as its specially designed to help one assess and revise such unhelpful and negative beliefs, attitudes and behaviours.

2
Posted by: Editor | 2012/04/26

Wow. Cybershrink, you really need to do a spell check before posting. I can''t understand what you''re even talking about. How is Susan supposed to deal with her issues if the ''shrink'' can''t deal with her spelling!!!

Reply to Editor