Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2011/12/07

Fear

I''''ve worked very hard but experienced chronic failure over the last 8 years - nothing has worked - and now fear of continuing or trying something new is giving me sleepless nights which translates into a deep sadness throughout my day - I don''''t have family, so i can''''t get support from them - any advice?

As Maria wisely points out, even if you do well in work that's basically not satisfying for you, you can have such feelings of failure, even when you succeed. Maybe it's about failing at something you're not doing yet.
Dissastisfaction with what you are doing is especially troubling when combined with a fear of trying something different or new. Counselling, especially of the CBT format, could be really very helpful, and your counsellor could als help to assess whether you might also be significantly depressed. If so, CBT can also help that, as can some medication, or both

2
Posted by: Maria | 2011/12/07

Is it possible that perhaps you''ve worked very hard, but not at the right things? Maybe career counselling could help you find a better direction in which to focus your efforts?

The insomnia and sadness could be symptoms of depression. If you see a good psychologist he/she could help you deal with all these difficulties.

Take care

Reply to Maria