Question
Posted by: lala | 2011/01/20

Fear

Good day. I had a very stresful year last year but coped rather well. This year I have a lot of stres at work, I am acting as the boss and I have to do 3 people''s work plus I am busy with my honnores. I am getting panic attacks for a week now. I am drinking natural calm relievers but they are not working all the time. I am starting to sleep bad at night, getting night sweats. I am afraid as I have a heart condition where my heart beats too fast because of a valve malfunction and I am prone to high blood pressure. I feel exhausted halfway through the day because of the stress and attacks. I have takes anti-depressants before but stopped it 2 years ago. Should I visit my doctor to take medication until I feel more adapted at work and with the busy schedule or should I keep on taking natural remedies and hope the feeling will pass soon (although it already feels like I am in a routine to stres, I am constantly worrying) Please help, I feel like crying and my self-esteem is low because usually I am good at taking stresful situations but I feel lost now. IMy hands are constantly shaking and the fear of people seeing it stresses me even more. Help !!!!

There are no natural calmers, only some sedaives available without prescription which sometimes help. Seeing a psychologist providing CBT ( Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ) can be a more useful approach, to work on better planning your work ( its not fair or sensible for you to do 3 or 4 jobs ) and to learn to deal better with such stresses as arise.
And don't leave this to a GP, see a proper specialist psychiatrist for a full assessment and advice on what medication might be most helpful, too.

1