Question
Posted by: kdinky | 2010/03/15

fear

Advice please anyone, I am 26 years old have a great job a family but am not as happy as I should be. I am constantly worrying about something or have a fear for something. We went on a boat ride the othe day and I was so scared and convinced that I was going to fall into the water and drown. Though this could of been just because it isn''t something we do often, but had the same scared feeling yesterday for something as silly as riding on the back of a bakkie.... this is crazy! I am missing out on all the fun because I am constantly scared!

best wishes
kdinky

I wonder how one decides how happy one "should be" ? But you seem to be describing an anxiety disorder, with excessive anxiety and negative assumptions and expectations about the present and future. See a shrink for assessment and treatment advice - CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) is the best option if you can find someone locally able to provide it. Also, drugs which are also used to treat depression, can be helpful. Once you get out of these negaive habits of thought, you can lead an pleasantly ordinary and dread-free life

2
Posted by: alison | 2010/03/15

it would be worth your while to see a psychologist, definitely.
could be that you are stressed in general - take care of yourself, treat yoruself to nice movies, masasges etc, go for gentle walks and listen to soothing music.

try to remind yourself they are irrational thoughts every time they pop into your head.

lots of love

Reply to alison