Posted by: Jo | 2009-08-05

How do we cope with the fear of cancer occurring again, even after a few years of remission? My friend'  s father successfully battled testicular cancer and all seems well, but the fear remains.

Expert ImageCancer survivors guest forum

So true it newer really goes away . This journey is forever. The secret is to not let the fear rule your life . Acknowledge it but get on with living .
Decide what your dreams are and make them come true . Cancer can and should not steal your life from you . Life until you die not die while you are living . being part of a support group could also assist

Posted by: george davids | 2009-08-07

diagnosed with prostate ca 5 jears ago. had prostactomy and was ok for and got radiation for 6 weeks. was given suprefact implants for 3years now and psa now 0.01. dr stopped implants, now scared saa might pick-up again

Reply to george davids
Posted by: Colleen | 2009-08-06

I had A.L.L. 34 years ago and was given 3 months to live at the time. I smoke, (I know - don' t know how to stop - can' t do Xyban and the will power is not strong enough) - and I still have the fear. Mom passed - ovarian cancer, dad - cancer -colon / kidney and now in his one lung (he never smoked) - but worked on asbestos &  uranium mines. Mindset is everything, I convince myself every other day that I won' t get cancer again. Life is too short - be positive and smile inside a lot - be happy with the " now"  and don' t worry about the " maybe" .

Reply to Colleen
Posted by: sue | 2009-08-06

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 12 years ago and have had no further re-occurences. I try and be as postive as I can but always at the back of mind is the question what if it comes back again, especially when I read articles that says there could be a re-occurence after 15 years.

Reply to sue