Question
Posted by: de vries se hart | 2009-01-15

faulty heart

Dear Dr. I am gatvol. Soon 46 y. Had 4 x bypass at 38y. Recieved Stent no. 6 - Oct. 08. I know have six stents had a hell of a by pass and a total of 8 angiograms. i do have a good life and a good work. I am just very tired at times. O ja I am type 2 diabetic as well. (O jirre wat nog LOL) I swallow 14 tablets per day. When I get tired I pop 2 TRAMAHEXALS in the morning and one at 12 that keep me going and it take the tiredness away. I ma worried of when i will have the fatal one. My dr, are good i dont think we can do to much anymore. When do one qaulify for a transplant my heart muscle still seems to be ok. My dr. have mentioned it B4 but it seems that they dont see it as a solutions right know. How about stemcells? i here there are a very pretty heart surgeon in cape town thats very good maybe she can help. O dont know I am just sick and tired of always to be the strong one at work and at home. I am big and have lots of nice muscles but that doesnt make my brain strong. I need to get a opion but i think maybe from some dr. in CT. But know this forum dont allow us to contact other Dr.

Pls help me. I wanted to speak to Noleen on three talk I am sure I am holing the record for stents and by - pass at 38. But those people dont answer there e mails. can I give you my postal adr.

Thx

Dear De Vries se hart
You have been through a lot! Having a heart transplant should be a last option as not all transplants are successful and the anti-rejection medication one has to take is not without risk or side effects ( diabetes and water retention and higher risk for some cancers are just some of the possible side effects) But you can always get a second opinion - you can call Dr Susan Vosloo's rooms and make an appointment Tel: 021 422 2360