Question
Posted by: Sue | 2011/02/03

Fatty infiltration of the liver

I have just come from the dr. He thought I had Gall Stones but the ultra sound showed than i have Fatty infiltration of the liver. I now have to change my diet completely. Can you please tell me the do''s and don''ts?

Dear Sue
I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering from fatty infiltration of the liver. Please for your own sake do consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to work out an individual diet prescription for you based on the cause of the disease, how far it has progressed, the medications you may be taking, your age and a variety of other factors. This is not something I can do for you over the Internet. Such a diet will be very low in fat and high in protective nutrients. Click on 'Diet'nFood' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as medicine' and read the articles on how to reduce your fat intake.
I do hope you will soon feel much better

2
Posted by: sue | 2011/02/04

Thank you!!!

Reply to sue

Dear Sue