Question
Posted by: Lulu | 2009-07-01

Fatpad at the back of my neck

Dear Doc
I am 42 years old and am having a fatpad at the back of my neck, this makes me uncomfortable bcoz when I walk I have to look down because of this lump at the back and it also make me very fat as a result I look too fat on my face, I hate it so what can I do to get rid of it.

Has Netdoc, our online GP closed down for some reason ? I am a psychiatrist, and cannot deal with this sort of problem -- please try to appropriate forum. If the basic problem is that you are unhappy about your appearance, and lacking in self-esteem, counselling of the CBT sort to deal with this may be far more useful than any form of surgery or other treatment for specofic, general or localized fat, other than a sensible diet and exercise program