Posted by: BB | 2012-04-23

Fatigue, contstant hunger

I am suffering from constant hunger, fatigue and have an unusual ache in my right side just below my rib cage. It is not constant but it is enough to worry me when it is there. I have noticed that this ache sometimes comes after eating and if I drink alcohol, it is a given that it will be there the next day! My bowel movents are also irratic where as before I had my gall bladder out, they were perfectly normal. I had my gall bladder out in about 2006. I am not sure whether these three things are related or if there is something underlying that is causing this. I hate running to the doctor everytime I have an ache or pain cos I don''t want to seem like a hypercondriac. I am currently on 0.5mg Azor once a day for panic attacks/anxiety! I am trying to lose weight at the same time and am not succeeding at anything. I am also an insomniac.....I cannot sleep and go to bed at 1 am and have to get up at 5:30/6 am to get children off to school. Doc what do you think could be the problem here? I am really terrified to go seek help as I really don''t want to hear that I have cancer or anything serious like that.

Your symptoms can be due to gastric ulcer or gastric reflux disease. You will have to consult a doctor for an examination and blood tests. Your chronic fatigue can be due to a low iron count, in combination with sleep deprivation. Please remember that if you do not get 7 to 8 hours sleep at night, it will have an influence on your cortisol levels, which can lead to weight gain and an increased appetite.