Posted by: Lee | 2012-10-04

fatigue &  joint pain

This year I have found that I am always exhausted and now have joint pains. My Gp did diagnose me with hypothyroidism and I am now on eltroxin. My uric acid levels were high (I don''t drink &  only occassionally eat red meat because it slows up my digestion). I have been put on puricos.

I have found that my memory isn''t as fabulous as it was before. I forget easily &  sometimes have to really think hard to recall things. I have never had this problem in the past. I had an excellent memory. This worries me. Sometimes i just tell myself it''s because I am tired.

i am wondering if there could be something else wrong with me. I don''t like this hazy feeling I have, especially when I am forgetful. I just don''t feel like I used to in the past.

I should mention that I gave birth to triplets in 2010 and lost one of my babies last year due to illness. maybe I am still tired and need time to get over the stress of the pregnancy, baby''s death, and balancing family and work? I just don''t know anymore doc.

It is possible that your body is adjusting after the severe trauma that you have been through. Your chronic fatigue, as well as your joint pain, can definately be caused by an underactive thyroid. I therefore, suggest that you consult an endocrinologist to treat your hypothyroidism as effective as possible.

Posted by: Lee | 2012-10-05

Thanks Doc,

It''s been the worst two years of my life. I can''t wait to feel half as well as I did before this pregnancy. I was telling hubby yesterday that I never actually had time to rest &  recuperate. His response is that people these days don''t do that. They just get up &  get on with life and you get time to rest when you sleep.

I am just exhausted &  I haven''t sprang back so easily.

Reply to Lee