Question
Posted by: PRAVEEN | 2009/06/02

FATIGUE

I AM FEELING TIRED ALL THE TIME. TOWARDS THE EVENING AT AROUND ABOUT 15:00 I FEEL SLEEPY. I GET UP FROM BED IN THE MORNING TIRED. I FEEL LIKE I HAVE NOT SLEPT. I WENT TO MY GP . GIVEN SOME MEDICATION. IT ONLY WORKS FOR THE PRESCRIPT. PLEASE HELP.

Dear Praveen
There are many causes of chronic tiredness.
You have to ask your doctor to check for low iron, thyroid problems, anemia, etc. Then also exclude things like depression, bad sleeping due to snoring, pain or getting up to go to the toilet often.
Steps to follow:
1. ensure that medically there is not a problem by going for a full check up with your GP
2. Get enough rest - sleep at least 6 hours per night
3. Eat right
4. Reduce stress levels
5. get help if you think you may have depression or anxiety
See http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003088.htm