Question
Posted by: thando | 2011/05/13

father threatening the child

i have 3 kids aged 7,3,2. i broke up with my husband because he was violent, i got the protection order that he must not enter my house and my work place.
now he sneaks to the school to visit the kids though we agreed on weekends visits.
he went to the school with his wife to fetch the child without my knowledge, apparently my 7 year old refused to leave with them and they shouted and threten him that they will kill him. The little child is now traumatised and refusing to go to school because the father and his wife will kill him. the teachers at school witnessed the state the child was in after speaking to the father and i was immediately called to the school.
How do i ensure that the father doesnt visit the children at school anymore?

Expert ImageFamily law expert

I would suggest that you alert the school about the issue and also apply to have the divorce order varied by way of a court application. You may also consider broadening the scope of the protection order, should it be in the interests of the children.

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: www.divorceattorney.co.za

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2011/05/14

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: www.divorceattorney.co.za

Reply to family law expert