Question
Posted by: tummy | 2011/07/04

FAT TUMMY

GOOD DAY,
I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY TUMMY. IF I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING I CAN HOLD IN MY TUMMY, BUT DURING THE DAY ITS AS IF IT GET SWOLLEN, I HAVE ALOT OFFAT SKIN ON MY TUMMY, AND HAVE TRIED SO MANY TIMES TO GET A FLAT TUMMY WITH DOING ALL KINDS OF SIT UPS, IT DOES NOT WORK, THE REST OF MY BODY IS FINE AND I LOVE MY BODY, ITS JUST MY TUMMY THAT IS THE NIGHTMARE, AS WELL AS A DOUBLECHIN, BUT MY BIGGEST CONCERN IS MY TUMMY, ITS ALSO AFFECTING MY SEXLIFE BADLY AS IT MAKES ME NOT TO BE CONFIDENT WHILE HAVING SEX AS ITS IN THE WAY, PLEASE GIVE ME A MAGIC TRICK TO GET THIS TUMMY OUT OF THE WAY.

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hi "tummy",
Not an easy question to respond to, as I am not aware of any health conditions you might be suffering. I suggest that your starting point to be approaching your GP and see if there is any specific reason for you having excess stomach fat. You say that you exercise, which does not help. This suggests that you might very well have a genetic predisposition to having a relatively large amount of abdominal fat compared with the rest of your body. If this is the case, there is likely little you can do to change that situation. Look at your diet and see if there is a large amount of fat in your daily intake. Perhaps a dietician can help you there. A biokineticist/fitness trainer might also be able to give you specific exercises for helping you there. If you exhaust all options, including making sure that you really do have an excessive amount of abdominal fat, then your only viable option to assure a change in body shape will be plastic surgery. Liposuction, for example, will literally remove fat cells and could be the only way of significantly lending to permanent change. A tummy tuck is another option. However, plastic surgery should be a last resort and you need to be aware of the possible risks. You could consult with a reputable plastic surgeon for an assessment. I also think that you could consider consulting with a psychologist to explore all issues that might be lending to your self-esteem being compromised because of your body shape or body perception. Do not hurry into anything extreme right now. I do not even know your age, so you might need to consider adapting to a changing body if you are older. Anyway, I hope that I have stimulated some thought.
Regards,
Graham

2
Posted by: Leila | 2011/10/29

When you say your tummy feels better in the morning and seem
to stretch during the day, it reminds me of myself as I also had a similar problem. However recently Ive been eating less food and it does seem to help. My tummy seems to be getting flatter so perhaps when we eat, it all goes in the tummy - so to speak! I hope this helps.

Reply to Leila
Posted by: Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert | 2011/07/14

Hi "tummy",
Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert