Question
Posted by: Elizabeth | 2010/10/08

FAT BURNING TABLETS TOGETHER WITH ANTI-DEPRESSANT?

I am using Ranflocs for mood swings during PMS. My metabolism has been slowing down as I entered my 40''s. Which fat buring tablets can I use that will not interfere with my chronic medication. Please provide brand name if possible.

Dear Elizabeth
I am totally opposed to the use of over-the-counter slimming pills and so-called 'fat burning' tablets, including herbal ones that are advertised as "safe and natural", because they usually contain harmful compounds that can cause negative side-effects, addiction, diarrhoea, dehydration, etc and in other cases do not help you lose any weight!
Rather use a sensible, balanced diet and exercise to lose weight safely. The best metabolic stimulant available is still daily aerobic exercise, so start being active and try to do 30 min of aerobic exercise every day (e.g. brisk walking, skipping, swimming, cycling, etc).

1

Dear Elizabeth