Question
Posted by: Vee | 2008/08/12

Fat burn, toning, candida

Okay here goes.

I suspect I have candida - have most of the symptoms and when I try stay away from bread, cheese, mushrooms, fruit etc. I feel better, no bloating etc. I was told by my doc to drink Probiflora intensive 3 times a day before meals.

I have also started a training program to trim and tone. I weigh 65kgs, am 1.74m tall body fat percentage is 28 (bad I know).
I would like to get my body fat to 18% and build lean muscle so I look toned.

What supplements do you suggest I take, what are your views on the following supplements:
Cytolean
Muscle Science Ripped EFX
Biogen
USN

Please help, I am getting so many different opinions and stories - dont know what to eat or what to drink or how to train anmore!

Hi Vee

Honestly, I wouldn't take any supplements. Why do you want to take them when a decent diet and regular exercise will work. Also, considering tha tyou're only starting out on your "journey" there is no need to resort to supplements that, quite frankly, don't really have proven benefit anyway.

If you are worried about your diet, then the one supplement to take is Nestle Nutren Active, which you can get at pharmacies - it's also a lot cheaper than the stuff sold by the specialist companies, but it works as well and is less likely to be suspect.

So honestly, given that you are starting out, focus on exercise, and diet, and forget all these fancy supplements for now. Get the basics right and the rest will take care of itself.

1
Posted by: Cornee Taljard | 2009/10/02

At this stage i am drinking Epilim 500 cr 2 times daily and want to know if i can use USN MUSCLE SCIENCE to gym with if its possible

Reply to Cornee Taljard