Posted by: DS | 2009-03-04

Fasting - No sugar

For lent (which started a week agao) i gave up sugar for my fast.

Generally although I usually stick to a healthy diet, I have one weekness - sugar. I have to have my fix every day, it doesn' t matter how much or how little, I just have to have it and my meal / day just seems incomplete without it.

Anyway, since I have stopped the sugar I feel really bad. It' s as if I have no energy (the symptoms are the same as when l have low blood pressure), I have had a bout or two of nausea as well. also i have this constant hole in my stomach and it doesn' t matter what I eat, I do not feel satisfied.

My questions:
is this normal?
is my body having some sort of withdrawel symptoms?
what can i do/eat to combat this?

Please advise.

Dear DS
See my reply below