Question
Posted by: Gazarow | 2012/10/11

Fastest way to loose my tummy

I need to loose my large tummy ASAP, i''m 6''3 tall and my waistline is 43inch..ouch!. If I eat jungle oats for breakfast and lunch and a boiled egg for afternoon snack, then a normal supper high in protein and veg.

Is this a ok way to diet?? I also walk 2 km per day

G

Dear Gazarow
If your body weight is higher than 87 kg (BMI of 24), then you need to lose weight all round, not just on your tummy. The diet you suggest will probably lead to weightloss, but it is not balanced and may well cause deficiencies and cravings. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise like walking for 2 km per day. Increase how long, fast and far you walk as you lose weight and get fitter. It is also a good idea to do targeted exercises such as sit-ups to tighten the tummy muscles and promote weightloss in this area. Ask Fitness Doc for a set of exercises that target the tummy and do some every day.

1

Dear Gazarow