Question
Posted by: Desperate Loser | 2009-04-28

fast urgent loss

my sister is getting married in 5 weeks time and I urgently need to loose about 10 kgs, is this possible? I currently weigh 71 and wish to weigh 60 again by the time of the wedding? Please can someone suggest some eating plans or diets for me to follow!

Dear Desperate Loser
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 or more minutes a day. On this regimen you should lose 1 kg per week, so your desire to lose 10 kg in 5 weeks, may not be fully realised, but if you do lose 5 kg and firm up nicely with the exercise, you will look dramatically different for your sister's wedding.