Question
Posted by: Tracy | 2011-07-01

FAS Foster Son

I have a foster son who has lived with me since he was 6 years old. He came to me as a place of safety from an abusive and neglected background. He will be 13 at the end of the month. He has recently been diagnosed with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. I am a single parent working full time and a small income. We live in a small town where there are no support structures whatsoever. How do I help him? I love him as though he came from my own body and soul.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Tracy,

This is a very important issue and something that is far too prevalent in RSA.

A good plcace to make contact and to gain some support would be on the internet. Take a look at www.fasfacts.org.za for further information.

1
Posted by: Teen expert | 2011-07-23

Hi Tracy,

Reply to Teen expert