Question
Posted by: athini | 2011/10/31

fart

my friends tell me imeatinga long of iron because my fart smells like rotten fish, is this true?
Can a diet have anything to do with the smell of one''s fart?

Dear Athini
Bad smelling flatulence can be caused by a variety of factors such as the types of foods you eat (raw onions, garlic, cabbage, legumes, etc) and conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), food allergies (e.g. gluten intolerance), enzyme deficiencies, parasitic infestations, etc. If this condition causes embarrassment, it may be a good idea to have a medical checkup so that the dr can determine if there is an underlying physical cause. If you are given a clean bill of health you will have to keep a good diary and note down what you eat and at what times you produce unpleasant flatulence. This should give you an idea as to which foods to avoid.

2
Posted by: Mohlopheni | 2011/11/01

I thought bad flatulence is not unhealthy. then this medical checkups?
I always assiciated it with drinking less water.

Reply to Mohlopheni

Dear Athini