Posted by: Tina | 2009-09-28

Fantasy world

Hello CS

I have this little made up fantasy world in my head. It’ s completely different to my real life. I find that sometimes I daydream about this fantasy world of mine so much, that it makes me feel unhappy about the life I have. I can’ t seem to help having a little fantasy world of my own, and it often changes. I want to know why I do this, so that I can work on it.

Rather many people have a range of enjoyable daydreams that provide a comforting break from a reality that is unpleasant or boring at times, and that may be helpful a times, so long as one doesn't let i distract from your necesary duties and chores in the real world, so long as you can always tell the difference between real and fantasy, and so long as you don't allow the fantasy ( which you can construct as you please ) to make you MORE dissatisfied with the unavoidable realities of life. And so long as you don't concentrate so much on contructing and enjoying the fantasies that you fail to refresh and improve on improvable aspects of your real life ( which is qwhere a counsellor can really help ).
And the fantasies / daydreams do often to change, as they can get boring or unsatisfying after a while, and need refreshing.
Its OK to build castles in the sky, in your imagination, so long as you don't acually try to move into them, or start paying rent

Posted by: almost mad | 2009-09-29

I dream about my family all the time. I dream about us being together again.

Reply to almost mad