Question
Posted by: DB | 2009/11/10

Family responsibility leave

If my baby is sick and I have a doctors note for one day (for my child), am I entitled to take family responsibility leave? According to my contract it is only in case of death that I am entitled to use family responsibility leave.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: FAMILY RESPONSIBILITY LEAVE

Normally one can access family responsiility leave if one's baby is sick and you do have a doctor's note. You are entitled to 3 days per annum as a maximum.

3
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2009/11/12

RE: FAMILY RESPONSIBILITY LEAVE

Reply to labour lawyer

If you worked for you employer longer that 4 months for at least 4 days a week you are entitled to 3 days paid family responsibility leave ( annually ). When only your child is sick or there is a death of an immediate family member it is valid. You can choose to use part of that 3 day family responsibility leave and only use half a day to do what you need to and then commence back to work.

Posted by: sam | 2009/11/10

You have 3 days FRL per year, availible after 4 months of employment for the death of a direct family member. You could have taken your child to the doctor, and then go back to work after you were done there. You will have to put in normal leave for that, sorry.

Reply to sam