Question
Posted by: jane | 2008/06/24

family planning

i am planning to have my second child after 6 years, i am 30 going on to 31 this year, is it too late, am i too old for this
also should i take folci acid before i fall pregnant and for how long

Folic acid is always good as soon as you are planning. You are definitely not too old

2
Posted by: Mpho | 2008/06/24

Jane be blessed - i am 34 expecting my 2nd child now after 3years of trying. i almost threw in a towel since i felt time was running out on me. my son will be 6 later this year. at your age it should be worth a try, all the best.

Reply to Mpho
Posted by: CE | 2008/06/24

I don't think it's too late for you to have another baby. I'm turning 30 next month and have also decided to try for my second child. It might only happen within the next year or two, but I would prefer it if it's before i turn 35, because that's when complications can arise.
Start taking folic acid from the day you decide you are ready to conceive. No harm can be done. Usually you only need to take it for the first trimester of your pregnancy.

Reply to CE