Posted by: tookie | 2008-12-01

family issues

I just want to rant. Some of my family members just cant get over themselves. They treat my Mom and sister so badly. They are so selfish and are quick to point fingers but they never look at their own children' s faults. Now its Christmas time which I dread and I have to spend time with these fake people. Sometimes I wonder if having such people in your life is worth it. I wish I could tell them what I really think of them but that will mean they take their anger out on my mother. Arrrrrrrrrgggggh

Why do you HAVE to spend time with these awful people ? I have checked the Constitution, and it is not required. No need to tell them what you think of them, just avoid them, and help your mom and sister to do the same. Wht not arrange for mom and sister to spend Christmas with you rather than with the mosnters ?

Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2008-12-01

Hi Tookie
I can SO relate. Christmas is sheer torture, isn' t it. When people throw old issues or baggage around when they' re together I' ve taken to saying to them " Peace on Earth, Goodwill towards Men" , sometimes rather pointedly. When they try to argue, I say it again. And again. Would your mom and sister be prepared to do this? Otherwise hang protectively around them and keep saying it? Perhaps the poison will subside? Just a suggestion...

Reply to Kay in Gtown