Question
Posted by: Confused | 2011/04/06

Family, death and money

The municipal account is in the name of company I work for. the whole amount due is deducted from my salary without delay as soon as it is due. The is no estate. A bank was supposed to handle it but declined because it was so small. No debts on their side and no money or assets either. They lived in my house. My husband really want to have a relationship with his family (lost one sister 5 years ago and now his father). So my financial obligation to other places had to come in second. My household came in second (no children but have 3 dogs because can not have children). They went hungry for almost a week in February. No groceries for us either until end of March for the first time. They just don''t care. How can I make things easier for my husband and get something positive out of this for my marriage. Is is very rocky since my father in law passed on.
Thank you for the advice so far.

If th acount is in the name of a company, surely it's the company that would be expected to pay it ? Apparently you have signed a debit order against your salary, to pay it, but this could surely be changed ( thpough you should consult a lawyer, maybe a free consultation at a free law clinic at your nearest Law School.
Check, too, as I thought there always had to be an estate,where someone owns property or cash or has debts. I supose if it was a very small estate, the bank might refuse to act as executor, as they'd earn too little in fees. But something may need to be done to stop this absurd situation in which YOU are being held liable for someone else's debts and continuing expenses.
It would be irresponsible for your husband ( I was wondering why I didn't hear enough about him in the first message ) to place cash for his family above his own wife and children. Why can't his mother and brothers/sisters work and support themselves ? Why should you be trying so hard to make things easier for your husband when it doesn't sound as if he cares enough about making things easier for you ?

1