Question
Posted by: anon | 2010/08/03

Family Advocate

Reading on the internet, most sites tell that custody and access is normally based on the suggestions given by the Family Advocate. But they go on to tell that the Family Advocates report is only suggestions and not an actual court order.

So when the case does go to court can I contest the Family Advocates report and get a court order which is fair ?. If so do I only pay my costs for contesting the report or would I also be accountable for my x''''s cost as well.

Expert ImageFamily law expert

The Family Advocate can only give a recommendation to the court and the court is not obliged to follow that recommendation. If you do contest the recommendation in court you might be penalised with the costs if you are unsuccesful and vice versa.

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2010/08/08

Reply to family law expert