Posted by: smith | 2009-01-07

Family Advice - Child Custody

My son is 15yrs old turning 16yrs Mar09.and wants to stay with his father. I have full custody. His father pays R400 per month and the child is on his Medical Aid. I pay for everything else concerning the childs needs. Do I have to pay maintenance if my son moves to his father? the father never paid maintenance for 5 years.....can I claim for those 5 years he never paid?
Please advice.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

It is suggested that you contact the Family Help Centre.

Posted by: rin | 2009-02-16

Am staying with my three son' s, twin' s are 5yrs old turning 6 yrs Mar09 and 1yr old son turning 2yrs on Mar01. I pay for everything for them. my wife she is not paying anything she work and stay in Eastern Cape and earn more than me. She don' t like kids eg. she had two kids before we get married both those kids she never stay with them. The eldest is stay with his father since he was 1yr old and second one stays with her family not in one plac move to family to family. Now she keep on treaten to take my kids way from me claiming that the law is on their side as woman she have mor right

Reply to rin