Question
Posted by: Kay | 2010/03/09

family advice

Good Morning Doc
Some advice please?
We are going to a family prayer at my folks home. My brother has stated that he wont attend if I am there with my husband. They dont get along. Now I stay in a different city and my brother stays in the same city as my dad.
I booked plane tickets specifically for this function. My father phoned me last week to tell me about my brothers reaction.
Wanting to be the bigger person and not stress my dad out, i told him that we will see him after the prayer. My husband is very enthusiastic to help and be involved in the prayer. Question: Do I tell my hubby what has transpired or do I just find a way to go after the prayer has been finished?

What is the purpose of this prayer gathering ? It doesn't sound as though your brother is aware of any such purpose. Why is he insisting that his pride and his petty quarrel with you ( whatever it is about )must intrude in family matters, and even more speifically, in a prayer meeting ? Is his objection to you even being present a the bathering ? I understand that you wouldn't want his selfish behaviour to imntrude and spoil the whole atmosphere of the prayer. As to telling your husband, he will surely have to be told something - either the compromise you have decided on, which he should respect and go along with, or you'd need some excuse for him going on the the gathering while you disappear until the prayer is over ? Wouldn't the truth be easier than a false story ? And wouldn't he understand and respct your decision ?

2
Posted by: Sam | 2010/03/09

I wouldn''t have told him just to spare his feelings.

Reply to Sam