Question
Posted by: dd | 2010/12/20

family

My sisters husband passed away. 2 years after his death she started dating the neighbour. eventually things didn''t work out. now whe hear that she is seeing the guy again. she told her oldest child of this  but not the youngest. we as a family heared it from our mother in law. she didn''t tell us. how as a family do we welcome this guy in. since she was married to my brother in law on my husband side? visiting he in laws with her new man? it is going to be weired seeing this guy sit around the dinner table where the brother in law use to sit..

It has been 2 years or longer, so she has been respectful towards her late husband. It is generally considered aceptable for a bereaved spouse to make new friends and relationships after an interval. Maybe she hasn't told you all because she is scared of what you might say about it ? Maybe you can help by saying that you have heard she is seeing someone else, and you hope she will be happy again, though you still think fondly of her late husband ?

4
Posted by: fishy | 2010/12/21

No need either way. She is no more family of yours. You welcome her if you want or you withdraw if you want. Either way, 2 years is a long time. She should be moving on.

Reply to fishy
Posted by: dd | 2010/12/21

yes she is datiing her neighbour  who has a child and is seperated...I thought of congratulating her on her newly found love  but was scared she would think that my mother in law talked out of tune.. should I congratulate her.?

Reply to dd
Posted by: why | 2010/12/20

Dating the neighbour?

Reply to why