Question
Posted by: Raey | 2009-11-02

Falling while pregnant

Last night I sat on one of our plastic bar stools and the one leg broke causing me to fall to the floor. I am 8 months pregnant and when I fell, I realised that this could be dangerous so I shifted my body but not quick enough. So I fell on my one buttock but also not full on. After that I went to bed and waited to feel baby move. I felt her move and I was a bit ok and this morning when I awoke, I also first waited to feel her before getting up. Is there any damage that can be done to baby with a fall?

If you didn't hit your tummy, there shouldn't be any harm to the baby, but it is always a good idea to contact your doctor to check.

3
Posted by: Anon | 2009-11-04

Since you fell on your buttocks, I think baby should be more than fine :-)

Posted by: Anon | 2009-11-04

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-11-04