Question
Posted by: Poohbear | 2010/07/08

Falling pregnant with Clomid

Hi There
I took a course of clomid 50mg from day 3 - 7 of my last period, but unfortunately blood results the past Friday showed no ovulation. I have a history of PCOS.
I have now been prescribed 100mg for the next period. This will be my second month of trying to fall pregnant.
A colleague mentioned that she battled for over 8months using Clomid, but then the gynae prescribed Perganol and she fell pregnant on that cycle. (This was a good couple of years ago and she had triplets!)
Is Perganol still prescribed and is it advisable at such an early stage of my trying, to ask for it?

It is still prescribed, but not as first line. Most people fall pregnant with Clomid.

1