Question
Posted by: Jina | 2010/11/01

Falling pregnant after IVF

Hi dr,

I have a daughter of 2 and half years, after ivf, i fell pregnant naturally. I still have a lil milk in my breasts and every now and then she still demands it. She takes a few suckles and runs off. I''m trying to wean her so I can have another child. Will breast feeding(occasionally) affect my chances of falling pregnant. I''m trying and nothing

Dear Jina

The intermitted suckling certainly can result in inappropriate spikes of the hormone called prolactin, which in turn might interfere with not only the quality of the egg that is being produced but also in some cases may prevent or interrupt ovulation. This may then contribute to the problem of conception and my advice would be to take measures to stop lactation entirely through the means of certain tablets such as Dostinex.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/11/09

Dear Jina

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert