Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2008/07/29

Falling preg after Yasmin

Hi there, In Dec last year I went off Marvelon &  fell preg right away. Sadly we lost the baby at 9 weeks (Missed miscarriage at 6 weeks). After the D& C I had menorrhia for 5 months (but did not know it was abnormal) and doc has now put me on Yasmin for 3 months to regulate my cycle. When I finish with Yasmin end Sept, should I wait for a cycle to start trying again? I am worried that the menorrhia will return if I wait too long. Thanks very much for your time.

Dear Sarah

After stopping the Yasmin there is no need to wait for a cycle before trying to start falling pregnant again. I should however remind you that although you fell pregnant immediately after stopping the Marvelon, pregnancy may not occur again so quickly, as the chances of falling pregnant per cycle is about 15 - 18%.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo