Question
Posted by: JJ | 2008-12-04

Falling Hair

Im 35 yrs old, At age 31 I was diag as post menopausal. Ive been on hrt ever since but am coping well. Since late last year my hair has been falling excessively, Im still on HRT but recent blood tests show I have low DHEA and high S.Cortisols. Im have not started treatment for this yet. my thyroid function is normal. I aslo had abone scan done which shows that Im already losing bone. Ive just started treatemnt for that (Protos 2mg) What could the cause of my severe hair loss be and what can I take to prevent it and grow back my hair?

Expert ImagePharmacist

JJ

The menopause itself may be the reason due to hormal changes in the body - If this is the case your mane should return in 6-24 months

The HRT may otherwise be the culprit in conjunction with the low DHEA levels - Id suggest speaking to an endocrinologist regarding options.