Question
Posted by: lulu | 2011/03/01

falling down

Dear Dr, hope you can shed some light here. I am morbid obese, have high BP, prediabetic, hypothyroid, anxiety and depression and take disprin CV and water tab every day. the last 3 month I have fallen down either on my back or on my front 4 times. thank goodness i have not broken anything but i do get bruised and ache of course. my question is why is this happening to me now...I am 50 yesrs old, and have been m/o practically all my life so whats different now? i am getting to the point that when i walk i make sure that i am next to a wall or holding onto someone.....not good....please let me know your thoughts - and if this is just one of those *ageing* things or if i should go and see my dr. thanks for your sound advise. lulu

Hallo Lulu
This can be due to a few things - you may have an unstable knee, or a problem with your balance centre in the middle ear, or it could be due to your blood pressure, that you get small "blackouts". What do you think caused the falls, were you dizzy, faint or did your knee or ankle just give way?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/02

Hallo Lulu