Question
Posted by: Anthony | 2011-11-10

Falling asleep while driving

I was wondering if you can help please? I have been having problems for quite a few years now with falling asleep in funny places or doing something! The reason i''m looking into this now is because i have been falling asleep / getting drowsy whilst driving and this is getting very scary! It just comes up out of nowhere, I get drowsy, eyes heavy and battle to keep eyes open. Now I have been reading up a post on medhelp.org which has been running for about 4 years now with people who have the same or similar problems. This has also made me think when else do i get like this?
If i think back, I''ve fallen asleep standing up in a night club or my friend told me once whilst i was dancing! Although funny it makes me think if there is something else wrong upstairs? I fall asleep as well whilst watching a movie or in front of computer which is also normal i suppose but I somehow feel its related to my major problem of whilst driving!

Do you possibly have any information for me please? Anything would help?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

This is more than just embarrassing - it is dangerous! It would not be considered legal for you to be driving a car in this condition.

There are a number of conditions which can cause this. Fortunately all of them are treatable, and there is no reason for this to mess up your life.

Get to see a sleep doctor as soon as you can get an appointment.

1
Posted by: Anthony | 2011-11-10

One more thing, I have had a concentration problem since I can remember back in school days and always battled to study or read a book! I would last a couple pages then get same symptoms of drowsiness and fall asleep! I''m wanting to study again but am scared of wasting money - but the driving problem is my priority as my job requires me on the road for hours in a day travelling long distances!

Thanks in advance

Reply to Anthony