Posted by: Adele | 2012-02-13

Falling asleep and runny nose

I have two concerns:
1)I tend to fall asleep when in traffic. I have tried everything to keep awake –  drinking water, singing, etc but I still nod off. I have veered off the road a few times but this morning I bumped a car. I have had my blood tested to see if I have some shortage but everything was normal. I sleep ±  7 to 8 hours a night.

2)I never get flu or colds, etc but have a ‘ leaking’  nose since last winter. It is watery and constant. My doctor gave me a nasal spray but it did not work. I was tested for allergies but I am not allergic to anything.

What can cause these problems and how do I stop it?

Thank You!

I suggest that you consult a neurologist for an examination. I also suggest that you contact your nearest private hospital for a sleep evaluation, as it is possible that you get enough rest but not enough sleep.

You should consult an ENT specialist to find the cause for your watery nose, seeing that allergies as a cause was already excluded.