Question
Posted by: minx | 2011-11-17

Falling asleep

Good day

I cant fall asleep at night, i am tired when going to bed, i dont watch tv or drink coffee or anything. But i will be in my bed rolling around and cant sleep, i get irritated like a tingly feeling all over my body and it is like my brain just cant make that switch it take me about 2.5 hours of rolling around and getting up and going back to bed before i can actually fall asleep. but when i sleep i sleep right through without getting up once but when i have to get up in the mornings i am so tired i can barely get my eyes open and then i feel sleepy the hole day at work as well

when i do sleep i also tend to grind and clench on my teeth alot my grinding is so bad that it wakes my fiance during the night a few times and sometimes when i wake up the next day my jaw is so sore that its sometimes hard to eat something hard and i get headaches from the sore jaw

any advice please

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The clenching of your jaw may represent a condition called "periodic limb movement disorder", or it may be telling us about anxiety.

Anxiety is the finest way to stay awake!

You are probably tired because of either insufficient quality, or insufficient quantity of sleep.

The good news is that these conditions are very amenable to treatment. However, you will need to find your way to a doctor who has training in sleep medicine. I'm quite sure that this can be sorted out.