Question
Posted by: Hope* | 2010/05/04

Falling asleep

Hi CS,

I have been having terrible episodes of falling asleep. I seem to be falling asleep often, if i sit down, if I have to wait, I just simply fall asleep. This is becoming quite embarrassing. My AD''s have remained the same so I dont think its that. Its as if a heavy cloud is hanging around my head, making me tired. I get to bed early (8pm and get up at 6). Please help.

There are so many possibilities here. As you imply, although some of us get drowsy on some antidepressants ( or some tranquillizers, etc ) ; if you have been on such a drug for any time and NOT thus affected, it's hardly likely to START having this side-effect after some time. It could be an effect of other meds ; or of bad sleep habits and insufficient sleep ; and a check-up from one's GP might be a good idea.
What do other people think ? I find I tend to similarly drop off when unstimulated by the environment ot the task at hand, and if not getting some caffeine periodically

3
Posted by: Me | 2010/05/06

The same happened to me - I just fell asleep all the time! In meetings at work, while talking to friends, even while driving. Went to see a doctor and found out it was caused by a brain tumour. I had that removed and everything is 100% again. Maybe see a doctor to make sure you are healthy.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Linus | 2010/05/05

When my sleep apnoea is particulary bad this happens to me  I try and lose weight and exercise and it helps a lot.

Reply to Linus