Question
Posted by: Anne | 2011-09-18

Fall on Coccyx

Dear Dr I am 60 yrs old weigh 75kg. Had hard fall on coccyx 5mths ago on a concrete floor. Hurt or bruised tailbone. Had physio and antiinflammatory. No xrays. After 3weeks resumed slow walking for exercise.
This Past month been on antibiotics for Sinus infection and caught cold inbetween, Had physio on lungs becuase of mucous blocking airways.
After the first few physio beatings on back to clear lungs I came home with pain in my posterior around tailbone felt like a fever in my bones.
Since the lungs have been cleared I still felt like my whole lower body was aching like a flu/fever ache.
I only realised lately that its actually coming from my lower back and runs down my legs. the pain is actually in the bones not the muscles. When I touch around the bone on my upper leg the pain is bad. Even at night the pain keeps me restless.
Please can you advise should I have had xrays of the back when I fell. what can make bones become tender or feverish after having flu?
Appreciate any advice thank you

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

It appears as if you injured your lower back and/or coccyx. You should consult an orthopedic specialist and have and X-ray to rule out a fracture of the coccyx and and look at the lumbar vertebrae as well