Question
Posted by: Shouldr blade pain | 2011/03/18

Faith

I suffer from a sharp and very severe pain that wakes me from sleep and takes a long time of walking and painkillers to respond.

It is just medial of my right shoulder blade.During the day the pain is much less severe, barely there, but I itch a lot in the area. These symptoms have been around for years, but were previously not worrying. Now they are becoming unbearable. what is this?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Pain in the shoulder blade can be due to a few causes:
- referred pain from the neck
- growths in the bone of the scapula (shoulder blade)
-pain from the chest and ribs
-pain from the thoracic spine
It is clear that you need to be examined by an orthopedic surgeon to make the diagnosis and only then can the correct treatment be decided on

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2011/03/20

- referred pain from the neck
-pain from the chest and ribs
-pain from the thoracic spine

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum