Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2008/06/27

Fainting spells

My husband had been out last night- he had some alcohol but not too much and when he came home, went to urinate. He started feeling dizzy so he sat down on the side of the bath and then he passed out. I heard him groaning and found him passed out. I tried to bring him around by shaking him and talking to him - but it didn't help - he came around only after I threw ice cold water in his face. This is the 3rd time it has happened - all very similar events. Could you offer an explanations?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that he refraines from taking alcohol and then see if he gets the same symptoms without alcohol intake. If he then gets the same symptoms, he should consult a neurologist, in order to have a brain scan and an ultrasound of his carotic arteries done. It is possible that his brain gets temporarily deprived of oxygen due to small blood clots.

Kind regards