Question
Posted by: Mpho | 2010-06-02

Faint positive test

I have been on Clomid/fertomid for the last three cycles. The first two were fertomid 50mg. The last one was clomid 100mg. I took them on days 5-9. Before going on clomid, I had extremely irregular cycles (30-35). But on clomid, they reverted to exactly 30 days. Anyway, my lmp was on April 29. My partner and I made love on May 16 only. My period was due on May 28/29, and I had a very faint positive HPT on May 30. It''s June 2 and I took another test hoping the line would be darker, but its still very faint. My boobs are tender, but not unbearably so and I don''t have any other symptoms except getting tired much more earlier in the evening. Is that a bad sign? Or is it too soon to tell? I''ve heard about chemical pregnancies and it scares me.

Dear Mpho

I would suggest that you do a blood pregnancy test as soon as possible to establish the exact levels and to be able to use that as an indication of progress. Should the blood pregnancy test be positive then I would suggest instituting emergency safe guards to maintain the pregnancy such as progesterone support and possibly the use of low dose cortizone as well. Although these are empirical treatments at this stage it may well help to salvage the pregnancy and as you quiet rightly mentioned the problem of a biochemical pregnancy is fairly common one indicating some form of implantation difficultly.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010-06-08

Dear Mpho

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert