Posted by: Thandi | 2009-02-10

Faint HPT

I get my period every 27/28 days. Yesterday my period was due, but instead there was just a streak of blood. so this morning i decided to test and there was nothing, I showered and when I got out after 10-15min there wasa faint line in the Test window. I am bleeding now but not like my usual period, could I be pregnant?

Dear Thandi

A faint positive test may well be an indication of a very early pregnancy having occurred and subsequently dislodging from the implantation site. If you do a very sensitive blood test it may show a very slight positive at this stage but remember that the blood levels fall rapidly after an early miscarriage. I would strongly suggest that you do the blood test as a matter of urgency.

Answered by: Dr M. I. Cassim