Posted by: Anon | 2009-01-25

I’ m not depressed. I’ m scared to go anywhere on my own, but at the same time I can’ t handle the loneliness. I’ m a hindrance, an obligation my family can do without. I can’ t do anything without asking for help. I’ m a total failure. I' ve seen a counselor, but all I had to tell was the same story over and over again. He looked so bored. He ended the sessions. I don’ t blame him. Why am I writing this? I don’ t know. I don' t expect an answer.

You are certainly NOT a total failure ( total failures, such as politicians, rarely think t have failed in any way ) --- you sound anxious, with perhaps elements of phobic anxiety, and depressed in the gloomy sense. You need to see a proper professional psychiatrist or psychoplogist for a proper assessment and advice based on the resuls of that --- any counsellor who feels bored when heearing a sad story like yours, is incompetent --- and doubly so if they even hint to you that they might be bored. SO you saw the wrong person. Now's the time to see the right person and get the proper, expert help you deserve. And you're not ungrateful, merely depressed and anxious --- OI've worked with some depressed multi-millionaires, and they, too, get no comfort from what they have, or whatever they have achieved --- until after treatment. I'\d think counselling would be usefuless unless it was proper cognitive-behaviour Therapy ( CBT ).

Posted by: Anon too | 2009-01-26

Sweetie, I think you are depressed,
Your family probably loves you very much. Hey you have a job a house a car and enough food!!!!
You have more than I do.
Pray and be thankful for what you have. You are in a better position than most of us.

Reply to Anon too
Posted by: Anon | 2009-01-26

You had me in tears. The shock of it all is that I’ m not young. I’ m middle aged. I’ m the most ungrateful person I know. I’ m not ill, I have a job, a house, a car, enough food. I' m scared I' m going to loose it all, because I don' t appreciate it and try to make the best of the opportunities I have.

Posted by: Old Dad | 2009-01-26

Oh no, I do NOT want to hear this sort of talk. Please start the day by being grateful for everything you do have, even the smallest thing you can think of at the time. Once you have done this you will appreciate what you have. Everyone has wonderful ,if different talents and you do have many if you stop and count them. Make a point of just when you think you may need help, try to solve the problem yourself and keep doing this until you succeed and then see how great you feel. Come on, give it a try !! Good luck

Reply to Old Dad