Posted by: Neli G | 2009-09-30

Failing 2 fall pregnant naturally, what can FE assist with?

I am 34 years old. I had ectopic 9 years ago and my right hand tube cut. Thereafter had 4 laporoscopies due to endometriosis and tried in those 4 years without success even with chlomid. Later we were blessed with a daughter (now 5 years) without any intervention. Its been 3 years after our daughter that we are trying and again its a challenge with my period pains at their worst and periods irregular. For the first time, I have made an appointment to see a Fertility expert instead of a gynae as time is of the essence. What can I expect from the Fertility Expert'  s 1st consultation. In case my left tube is still perfect, what are the chances of falling pregnant with my history of endometriosis? What services can I get from him that the gynae cannot offer?

Dear Neli G

The fertility expert will certainly recommend another laparoscopy to evaluate the extent of your endometriosis and the patency of the remaining tube. Alternately he may recommend an X-ray called an HSG, which will give information about the tubal patency as well. In all probability, based on your age, in-vitro fertilization may be a recommendation.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: celeste | 2009-10-01

I have the same problem please I need help, I also have polycystic ovarian syndrom already spend R20 000 on fertility clinics and nothing happend, try for 9years

Reply to celeste