Posted by: Lisa | 2009-10-07

Failed neutering possible?

Is it possible for neutering to fail? I have a 3 year old male cat who has recently started to spray in the house - it stinks and I was told that neutered cats shouldn'  t do this. We have another cat coming into the house - could this be causing his spraying?Our vet ruled out urine crystals and he is on a low salt diet (Hills C/D). He is normally such a placid character and this has only started recently.

Dear Lisa

Sometimes only one testicle decends to the outside and the other one left inside. Your vet would have informed you of this and would have done surgery to look for the other one.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-10-09

Take her to the vet - something is wrong. The smell could be coming from her teeth, sinuses, gut or her anal sacs. Or she could have a skin condition called Malassezia (google it), which needs treatment.

It' s quite sad that something she can' t help is causing you to ' reject'  your dog - get it sorted out so she can be part of the family again.

(Also, you should really start a new query if you want the vet to answer...)

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Debrad | 2009-10-09

Please help! My ageing Maltese Poodle is 12 years old and she stinks terribly, it is so bad that I don' t want her in the house anymore. She goes to the poodle parlour every second week and we bath her every other week, but one day later she stinks and makes the whole house smell as well. She has always been an inside dog and she can' t understand why she can' t come inside now. Has anyone got some advice?

Reply to Debrad