Question
Posted by: Jay | 2009-12-03

Failed IVF

I have been for 6th IVf and yet again failed. The embryos all good, The Beta count below 5. MY FS says the answer is in te Uterus. He said my uterine cavity is 8cm and normal is 7cm plus have some scarring, I had in the past recurring bladder infections. Could this still be te cause. How can the I help the scarring, What vitamins and herbs an I take to help with this. Hubby has low sperm count with 3% mosaicism, we have to do PGD, which we have done as well.
I am so depressed that we try and try and no success, what other options are there.

Dear Jay

The only advise that I could offer you is to repeat your IVF cycle with PGD and blastocyst culture coupled with laser assisted hatching. Furthermore the endometrium has to be carefully monitored and in particular endometrial blood flow has to be assessed by ultrasound Doppler. All avenues to improve endometrial blood flow and receptivity needs to be explored and low does cortizone treatment may be necessary to enhance implantation. Unfortunately in this situation persistence is the only answer and we have had cases where patients have finally succeeded after 10 and 12 attempts at IVF.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009-12-09

Dear Jay

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert