Posted by: Jay | 2009-03-26

failed IVF

I had my 4th IVF done and this time FS used donar sperm + done PGS on HUbby sperm, He transferred 3 donar sperm via GIFT and 2 good embryos after PGs. I had lower abdomen pain, lower back pain. This morning test negative, no level of HSG. HOw can that be. What could be the problem. Noticed this morning light spotting. I am terribly disheartened and cannot understand how yet again no implantation with both donar and hubby sperm. I felt a bit of nausea cud this be due to the Progeretone shots or the cuts ffrom the GIFT transfer. I thought at least we cud be pregnant and nothing. PLease advise what else we can try

Dear Jay

Unfortunately there are instances were even with the type of treatment that you had pregnancies may still not occur due to implantation failure. Perhaps the focus should now be on implantation related problems and ways in which the endometrium can be more carefully and thoroughly evaluated.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim